Konstellation Network Product Development Update: November 2020 🎉
Hello to the Konstellation Network community! Though we shared updates for Q3, it has been a while since we shared recent product development updates this quarter, so we apologize for the delay on this front. However, we have been hard at work moving toward network launch and real world use cases for DARC and the Konstellation Network. We will get back into the regular cadence of providing regular monthly updates in addition to providing any more pressing or urgent updates real time. 2020 has been a trying year on many fronts, however we are glad to have a great team in place to continue development remotely for the network and business, despite the ongoing challenges of 2020.
1. Konstellation Network and DARC Updates:
Bitcoin support on DARCwallet
- As the proverbial digital asset elephant in the room, it was important for us to provide Bitcoin support in the DARCwallet. We are working on Bitcoin integrations including LP capability with wrapped products and swap capability with Bitcoin.
Ethereum support on DARCwallet
- Ethereum is still one of the major chains that allow for development of smart applications, distributed computing capability and DeFi. Being able to integrate across different ethereum based protocols and DeFi solutions will be key in DARC becoming a part of the DeFi ecosystem.
DARCvault Update — Ability to provide custom amount for unstaking
- Due to user demand and feedback, we have rolled out the capability for users to unstake specific amounts from DARCvault. We are also working on additional upgrades to the DARCvault in order to provide more exciting rewards to the DARC community.
DARCvault Update — Ability to stake different protocols
- As the vision for DARCwallet is to provide a single place for digital asset management, we are currently developing capabilities to stake across different protocols and will begin with Cosmos based projects.
Exploring Binance Chain based decentralized exchanges
- As the interest and liquidity in decentralized exchanges continues to grow, we are also exploring Binance chain based decentralized options as a route for market liquidity. We will continue to explore this as an option.
2. Incentivized Testnet Phase 2 Invitations:
- We have been privately inviting several parties that have previously expressed interest in participating in the Konstellation Network testnet. To keep testing controlled at this point we are directly emailing the primary requirements to this initial private group. Though we are unable to share specific firm participants at this time, this initial group includes crypto investment funds, exchange counterparties and digital asset advisory firms. We currently have 6 nodes participating in the Incentivized Testnet Phase 2. If you would like to apply to join as an Incentivized Testnet provider at this time, please email email@example.com for consideration. If we are unable to include you in this initial group, we will add you to the waitlist for later invitations/testing. Thanks!
- We will release a separate update on December 11th 2020 which will provide more specifics of our development path to the testnet and issues that we have faced during the development journey. The product development team has spent some time putting these details together so we can share more broadly with the community. We believe this will highlight more of the technical issues faced during development and highlight the solutions our team has faced throughout this year’s development of the #Konstellation network.
3. 2021 Q1 & Q2 Product Roadmap
- Before we lock in our 2021 full year product roadmap for the Konstellation Network, the team wanted to highlight specific 2021 Q1 and Q2 Product development initiatives and goals. We wanted to share these highlights in order to get the community’s feedback on the path forward for Konstellation’s development for the first half of 2021. We will release the Q3 and Q4 2021 Product Roadmap in Q1 2020, along with more robust details to support the Q1 — Q2 2021 Product Road Map outlined below. As always, we welcome community comments here to aid in our development. Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “2021 Product Roadmap Feedback.”
- Finalization of Incentivized Testnet Phase 2
- Launch of Mainnet
- Integration work with IBC to support cross-chain transactions (Currently still being simultaneously worked on by Cosmos Network)
- Continued work on SDK to enhance stability through continued collaboration with the Konstellation and #Cosmos community
- Application layer for creation of portfolio / asset management products
- Lending and Staking
- DARC usage for Asset Management Products / Investment Portfolios
- DARC collateralized DeFi Assets
- Expanded swap capabilities
- Web interface
- Support for investment products / asset management tokens
- Enhanced blockchain explorer for portfolio management across different assets
- Module creation for financial counterparties to tokenize real-world assets
- Module creation for decentralized financial index creation and maintenance
- Exploration of real-time IBC transactions for decentralized cross-chain asset management products
- Governance Updates — Exploration of DAO governance for specific verticals of Konstellation Network (ie technical, financial etc.)
- Cross-Chain Staking capability
- Mobile application
- Internal swap capability for asset management tokens
4. Whitepaper & Litepaper
- There have been several requests that we have received for an updated version of the whitepaper in order to have a single repository of updates to our development and vision. The core vision for Konstellation Network remains the same: to provide a blockchain layer for investors and other financial institutions to build a new decentralized financial ecosystem. As there may be redundant components of the whitepaper, we will be releasing litepapers that will comprise specific updates to the roadmap or additional network related developments that we have along the journey. Regarding this, the first litepaper release will be centered on the strategic relationship between Konstellation and VegaX Holdings, and how this relates to Konstellation’s business development strategy in addition to how this relates to the development needs for Konstellation’s product roadmap. This litepaper will be released by December 23, 2020, and available on the Konstellation.tech site.
5. Community Q&A — Live — Responses Available
- As mentioned previously, please submit questions via this google form and/or via email at email@example.com. The team reviews and provides responses weekly.
- You may also view responses via this link. We will do a better job of creating content pieces that address questions we receive via this google form on a monthly basis, as a recap/summary of the latest questions submitted by the community. Thanks to the community for this idea!
There are a few content based deliverables that the team will be sharing throughout the end of 2020 and we look forward to your feedback. Thanks again for all the support and cheers to finishing 2020 strong for Konstellation and DARC!